THIS ARTICLE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. YOUR POSITIVE INPUT IS APPRECIATED.
Sometimes LibreOffice tries to be too smart. If you type MHz, you don’t want Mhz but there are plenty examples with multiple capitals you want to keep. Automatic placement of capitals as first character is annoying in Calc. Here we go…
- Use synaptic to search for “hunspell”, select languages for installation and apply.
- Menu > Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages > Default …
- Activated after restarting LO
- In Writer > bottom screen > LMB “language X” > more
- Menu > Tools > AutoCorrect options:
- Tab Options: Everything turned off. Maybe you like “URL Recognition”.
- Tab Localized Options: Everything turned off, quotes too.
- Be aware it is set per language, more languages means setting it again.
This web browser deserves tuning. Privacy is an issue these days. See for example this article with links to extensions. Other functions can be added too so it’s time for add-ons, extensions.
First paste about:config and be careful 🙂
When you alt+lmb, you want to “save as”. Enter
browser.altClickSave in the Search space. 2lmb on tag browser.altClickSave and see the value change from
Paste about:addons as address for your local settings, take some time to browse for Firefox Add-ons…
- Cookie AutoDelete: Quote… “Control your cookies! This WebExtension is inspired by Self Destructing Cookies. When a tab closes, any cookies not being used are automatically deleted. Whitelist the ones you trust while deleting the rest. Support for Container Tabs.”
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials: Quote… “Privacy, simplified. Our add-on provides the privacy essentials you need to seamlessly take control of your personal information, no matter where the internet takes you: tracker blocking, smarter encryption, DuckDuckGo private search, and more.” It changes your default search engine. I think this is not bad because Duckduckgo respects your privacy. If you want to change setting, paste about:preferences#search as address.
- uBlock Origin: Quote… “An efficient blocker: easy on memory and CPU footprint, and yet can load and enforce thousands more filters than other popular blockers out there.”
- Privacy Badger: Privacy Badger automatically learns to block invisible trackers.
- Languages: In synaptic, search for “firefox-locale” and choose your additional language packs. If your language is okay, don’t install.
- Dictionaries: Choose your languages and install…
Continue with part 6: Getting BricsCAD working